A good working environment is essential to ensure productivity in any project, even more so in an agile environment where the pace can often be quite steady, without reaching burnout. A couple of tips…
1. A spacious desk. You can’t have too much clutter or you will get distracted.
2. A gym ball instead of a chair. I’ve used one for many years now and much prefer it. It also helps avoid the programmer’s hunch.
3. Dual monitors. A luxury, i must confess, i’m still trying to get used to.
4. Stationery! No desk would be complete without much needed pens, markers and post-it notes but an arm’s stretch away.
5. Trash can. Not the virtual kind, but the real kind. Those post-it (and outdated technical specs) notes need to go somewhere, eventually.
6. And last but not least, the PC. Tucked away and out the way.
And that’s it. Oh, and one word of warning. If you ever have the urge to sneak hand-cream onto the ear piece of any of your colleagues’ phones… embrace the revenge 😀
Guys, you know who you are… outstanding job! Seriously. This is going to be a hard act to follow, but i relish the scheming 😉